Here are some views of why I think that:
- When he says my name his face always turns red and he stares at me with slightly bigger eyes than usual.
- He stares at me from time to time and looks away, when I stare back at him.
There was once, where we stared in each others eyes for more than 10 seconds and that was after I told a story/experience to someone. I thought he was going to say something, but he didn't. Instead after awhile he turned his chair back around...?
- He has looked at me with a broad smile before and with twinkling eyes. (Ok, now I have to be imagining things right?!)
- I was wearing a dress, pantyhose, high heels and eyeliner. Usually I don't wear that, but it is a party so why not?
He was walking behind me, another woman and I were walking in front of him. A man walked by and said: "You two look beautiful!"
He was going to agree with the man, but could only say: "Yes, you both look..."
For the first part of the sentence he was looking at the other woman, but when he looked back at me he stopped talking completely and his face was completely red. There is of course an alternative, he doesn't find me beautiful and so he stopped talking all together... But why a red face then? And why was he walking behind us, instead of next to us?!
- He was wearing a shirt with buttons. The shirt is tight-fitting for his body and it sure looked like the buttons were going to jump off his shirt when he showed his biceps, so dancing was without moving his hands up. Still at a certain point he was standing near me, while dancing and the first button was loose. I pointed it out to him. I have no idea, what he was trying to do, but another man said: "Wait, wait! You don't have to take off your shirt!"
I guess it did look like he was going to loosen more buttons? I laughed from the man's reaction and saved him a bit by saying: "Look at his muscles." He showed his biceps. "See, his shirt will unbutton itself if he lifts up his arm completely."
Ok, surely he didn't wear a shirt with buttons because I complemented him once when he was wearing one... But seriously do you have to wear such a tight-fitting shirt?! Of course, you look sexy but I am not going to tell you that!
- He talks softer with me as if he only wants me to hear it and no one else?
What did I do? I automatically talk softer too...?! No, that doesn't seem weird at all...?
- Sentences always end, there is a strange silence in between. Not an awkward one, more a contemplating "what to say" end. As if every question or sentence have to impress or linger like an endless echo that you actually can't hear.
When we are with others the conversation flows, but alone it feels... A shyness that we can't get rid of I guess?
- He often smiles, when I ask him a question or replies with a laugh.
- When I am not sure about something, he seems to try to find a solution or react to it to make me feel a bit better.
But that is just kindness, because I do that too... Right?
- When I say his name, he often smiles.
- When I call him he stares at me in a way of "with what can I help you with?" or just huge eyes with dilated pupils, waiting for my next words to flow out of my mouth.